Friday, July 4, 2014

The One About June (2014) and a HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!

There is something I've discovered about myself this past week....

I am absolutely horrible about scheduling posts.

With my work schedule, I really only have time to do post on Wednesday or the weekends. That's maybe two posts a week. The problem is, I have plenty of time on those days. I just for the life of me can't get around to writing multiple posts and then scheduling them out so I'm not rushing to get a post up. And, let's be honest, this isn't necessarily new news, but being aware of a problem is the first step to fixing it, right? So, hopefully I will try to get better about making sure I get my reviews up instead of waiting till the last minute. 

Now, onto what happened in June:

Books read:

Posts:

The One Where I Review THE FALCONER - BEYOND AMAZING! READ IT!!!
YA Prom - Not gonna lie, I'm pretty proud of this one. Be jealous of my date!

Challenges:
Honestly, I haven't kept up with my challenges but that's on my to-do list for this month. So, look for updates on those next monthly recap. However, I am doing a series finishing challenge that I've decided to do myself this summer (and also joined an official challenge). How am I doing on that? I've finished 2 series!

The first was the Blood of Eden series. I was unable to re-read the whole series because I didn't bring the first two with me to my new house, but I read the final one what a wonderful ending. 

The second series I finished was the Grisha Trilogy. I re-read this entire series and THE FEELINGS! Re-reading the first 2 felt just as magical as reading it the first time. And the series ender?! GAH! SO GOOD! SO EMOTIONAL! CANNOT HANDLE! 
(Reviews of them all coming soon)

Life:
Well, it's official. We've moved into the new and final house. With my dad retiring in a few months, my bro taking over a business, and finally getting our things, this month has been hectic. And I've made it through a month of work! That's an accomplishment if you ask me. I work for my bro and while it's incredibly boring, I love the gals I work with so it's bearable. Though I've really got to manage my time. I have so much time on my hands that I should read, but it's almost as if I have too much time on my hands that I abuse it. Something I've learned: Buzzfeed is addicting....

So, what are my plans for next month?
1. Practice on planning - Hello. My name is Mackenzie and I am a procrastinator.
2. Feed Work on my Buzzfeed addiction problem.
3. Continue reading series (or whatever the heck I want to read).
4. Write reviews as SOON as I'm done with the book. It helps. A lot. 

Some books I look forward to in the month of July:

 



I've heard some good things about The Queen of the Tearling and I'm always game for a good fantasy! It's sounds complex and intriguing. Also, sounds like there could be hot knights. All you really need.

Midnight Thief is another book that's been on my radar for quite some time. Thieves and assassins? That's basically my perfect book. Unfortunately, I've heard some not so good things from people I trust. However, my curiosity outweighs my hesitation.

So....I actually didn't really want to read this one, but I'm giving into peer pressure. However, I have heard some really good things about The Kiss of Deception. I'm a bit hesitant because I don't really like the fact that she abandons her country. Is that cold? Oh, well. It was kind of a turn off because I picture her character as being whiny and "why me" and selfish. So.....eh, I'll give it a chance. Only because I hesitantly trust others.

And finally, the greatest reason for this post....

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!

For those international follower's of mine, the 4th of July here in the US is our independence day. It's a day to celebrate how blessed we are to have our freedoms. We celebrate with BBQs, alcohol, friends, family, fireworks and an explosion of red, white, and blue. The colors of freedom. 
Now, for an abundance of all things American.



Buzzfeed lists about America are fantastic. 

The 26 Most American Comeback in The History of the World
76 Reasons Why America is the Greatest Country in the World

*These lists are in jest. Somewhat. 

USA! USA! USA!

And most importantly, always remember to thank a soldier. While we are blessed to be an awesomely free country, freedom isn't free and it is fought for every day. 

Remember - stay safe, have fun, and enjoy the greatest country in the world. 
America. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

So what did y'all think? I'd love to know your opinions :)
(P.S. I try to answer all comments so check back often! Also, this is an award-free blog. I absolutely love that you thought of me, but I don't have time to pass it along. Thank you though!)