Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The One with Day 1 Updates

I SURVIVED DAY ONE!!!! 

^You're welcome


To bad I failed ridiculously well in the area of reading.
I blame the fact that I was driving a good chunk of the day. Can't exactly read and drive simultaneously. Well, you could, technically, just probably shouldn't. I was tempted though....

Moving on.... 

Pages read: 64 (awesome right?)
Books finished: none
Currently reading: The Falconer 
Opinions so far

My Feeling in a GIF
Because Monty Python is the best so it is only fitting

My feelings in words:
YESSSSS! AILEANA!! KIARAN!!! DERRIK!!! GAVIN!!!
AHHHH LOVE THEM ALL!!!! 
I'm only halfway through and gahhhh can't wait! I'm not a huge faerie fan but I'm loving the lore and the characters and the setting and GIVE ME ALL OF IT!!!!!

*breathes deeply*
Okay, I'm calm now. But seriously, read it. 

Okay, now it's not Bout of Books without a few challenges thrown in so here is the challenge for day 2 - 

Books I'm looking forward to in 2014


The Blood of Olympus (Heroes of Olympus #5)
by Rick Riordan

I still haven't read #4 yet (shame on me) but IT'S FREAKIN RICK RIORDAN Y'ALL!!!
Beyond excited! Gah! I don't want it to end though!!! Ughhhhh but I need it nowwwww. 
PERCABETH!!!!!!!!!


Talon (Talon #1)
by Julie Kagawa 

DRAGONS. 


The Murder Complex  (The Murder Complex #1)
by Lindsay Cummings

Ummmm....murder rate higher than the birth rate? Say what you will about me but I'm hooked. Also, assassins. 
So death, assassins, and action. Basically my perfect book....
Let's hope for awesome characters and I'll be game.


Ruin and Rising (The Grisha Trilogy #3)
by Leigh Bardugo 

First off, let me just point out how beautiful those covers are! Gorgeous!
Okay, so I hate to say that for some reason I wasn't in love with the second book. Sturmhond was who really made me at least enjoy it. However, this plot line and just series in general and I love it. I can't wait to see where it goes and get immersed back in the mythology and THE DARKLING! 


Midnight Thief (Midnight Thief)
by Livia Blackburne 

ASSASSINS


Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) 
by Sarah J. Maas 

This series can DO NO WRONG (knock on wood)! But seriously, this series is phenomenal. The characters, the plot, the MYTHOLOGY!! Can't....can't handle! And..........

ASSASSINS


The Young Elites (The Young Elites #1)
by Marie Lu

HAVE YOU READ THE SYNOPSIS?!?!?! Like, WHAT?!?!! Powers and vengeance and secret societies and secrets and and and AWESOMENESS!!!!!!
Also, this little part of the synopsis has me sold -

"I am tired of being used, hurt, and cast aside.
It is my turn to use. My turn to hurt."

I need this now. 


Gathering Darkness (Falling Kingdoms #3)
by Morgan Rhodes

FANTASY! WARRING KINGDOMS! YESSSSS!

So this is a very short list (my TBR needs to be updated believe it or not!) but these are some books that I would punch people to get. Just kidding. Somewhat....

So what books are y'all looking forward to this year?



2 comments:

  1. LOL about punching. No punching me please, since I'm not interested in any of those so I won't stand in your way!! hehe! Here's the Books I'm looking forward to

    ReplyDelete

So what did y'all think? I'd love to know your opinions :)
(P.S. I try to answer all comments so check back often! Also, this is an award-free blog. I absolutely love that you thought of me, but I don't have time to pass it along. Thank you though!)