Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top 10 Books I Can't Wait To Get My Greedy Hands On In 2014

With each new year come some amazing new books. And that means that I'll be completely and utterly broke this coming year (nothing new....). So worth it. Here are some books that I definitely plan on spending my hard-earned money on (in no particular order).

The Queen's Choice (Heirs of Chrior #1)
by Cayla Kluver

So, this is kind of a weird one because I'm not terribly excited about the synopsis of this book, yet, at the same time I strangely am excited for the book....weird. I have a love/hate relationship with Cayla Kluver's previous books (Legacy), yet they have stuck with me so obviously there is something there (the side characters). So, I'm actually looking forward to her newest series.




by Rosamund Hodge

Fairy-tale retelling? Check. Tough chick for a protagonist? Yup. An intriguing, mysterious guy lead? You betcha. Add in a hate-turned-love relationship and I'm sold. Here's to hoping I get an ARC!






Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3)
by Marissa Meyer

AHHHHHH!!!! OWIEJFAEKFJWOAIEFJALDKSFJWOIEJFAOWJF
OMG!!!!!I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! AHHHHHH I NEED AN ARC NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND MORE CAPTAIN THORNE!!!!! Okay, okay. I think I've calmed down a bit. But just a bit. I'm so excited for this book. This series is amazingly fun and you can't help but love all the characters. If there is one ARC I would do anything for, it's this one. 



Death Sworn (Death Sworn #1)
by Leah Cypess

One word: assassins.
I'm sold. 

*Side note - Totally in love with that cover! 





Sea of Shadows (Age of Legends #1)
by Kelley Armstrong 

"Accompanied by a stubborn imperial guard and a dashing condemned thief, the girls cross a once-empty wasteland, now filled with reawakened monsters of legend, as they travel to warn the emperor. But a terrible secret awaits them at court—one that will alter the balance of their world forever."

Dashing men, monsters and court politics makes this book sound like one fantastical fantasy adventure. 


Ruin and Rising (The Grisha #3)
by Leigh Bardugo
*Cover not final

I was blown away by the first book, and, although I didn't love (but still enjoyed) the second book (except for Sturmhond who is beyond amazing), I'm eagerly and impatiently awaiting this next installment. Also, with the other covers being so beautiful, I can't wait to see what this one is like!




The Murder Complex (The Murder Complex #1)
by Lindsay Cummings 

Sounds dark, bloody and action-packed....my kind of book. Add in an assassin and I think I'm in love. 






Midnight Thief (Midnight Thief #1)
by Livia Blackburne 

I love a good book about a talented thief! And more assassins! Yay! And sounds like there are some deliciously hot men in this book so I'm definitely looking forward to it.






The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus #5)
by Rick Riordan
*Cover not final

This is the last and final (so far as I know) book of the Heroes of Olympus series and I can't be more sad, nostalgic and happy for it. I've yet to read the previous book, something which I hope to remedy soon, but I absolutely love this series. Rick Riordan is definitely one of my favorite authors and one of the few authors of which I'm actually glad decided to continue in the world they created after the conclusion of the original series. October is too far away. 



No Cover Yet: The Forever Song (Blood of Eden #3) by Julie Kagawa
After loving the first two books, how could I not look forward to the third installment? And after that ending?!?! Gah!

*Also, the third book in the Throne of Glass series should be on this list. However, since it doesn't have a cover, synopsis, or title, I didn't count it as one of the "10" per se, just an honorary mention. Even without these things I want it to get the love it deserves because this series is phenomenal :) Hint. Hint.

Quite frankly, these are but a few of the many books I'm looking forward to this new year. So many books, so little time.

So what books are y'all looking forward to this new year? Let me know in the comments below!

All the best ♥
Mackenzie 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

So what did y'all think? I'd love to know your opinions :)
(P.S. I try to answer all comments so check back often! Also, this is an award-free blog. I absolutely love that you thought of me, but I don't have time to pass it along. Thank you though!)