Monday, July 8, 2013

Summer Lovin Read-A-Thon Wrap-up (A day late)

Alright, I know this is a day late, but here it is:


I didn't make my goal. *insert sobbing here*.


Oh, the shame. My goal was three books, but I only finished two. OH, THE SHAMEEEEEEEE. 


Okay, I'll stop the dramatics because, honestly, I'm incredibly happy with what I accomplished! I didn't have nearly as much time as I wanted to to read, but I still got a lot done. I finished Something Strange and Deadly and ended up enjoying it a lot more than I thought. It turned out to be a fun adventure with some pretty awesome characters. Look for my review soon.


Next was City of Bones. This was a re-read for me. I decided to do this because I just finished her Prequel trilogy, The Infernal Devices, and LOVED it. So, I wanted to give this book another chance, especially since the movie is coming out this fall. Unfortunately, its rating remains at 3 stars. I love the concept and plot, but I definitely found the characters lacking. And quite annoying at times. However, I enjoyed it. 


I started, but haven't finished Siege and Storm. But it is ohhhhhh so good. Me Gusta. And shocking! AHHHHH can't wait to finish it!

So there it is, my first read-a-thon wrap-up. I didn't participate in it nearly as much as I would have liked, but at least it got me reading. And that's all I really wanted :) 

All the best ♥
Mackenzie 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

So what did y'all think? I'd love to know your opinions :)
(P.S. I try to answer all comments so check back often! Also, this is an award-free blog. I absolutely love that you thought of me, but I don't have time to pass it along. Thank you though!)