Sunday, July 14, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (8)


Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews as a way to share all the books we've received this week!

So.....I kinda went on a Netgalley shopping spree....



Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2)
by Sarah J. Maas

AHHHHHHHH!!!!! YESSSSSSSS. I absolutely loved Throne of Glass and I have been eagerly anticipating this sequel (but not the cover). When I received the e-mail saying I obtained an ARC, I may have squealed like a little girl....no shame. 


My Sparkling Misfortune (The Lakeland Knight #1)
by Laura Lond 

A villain as the protagonist? Sign me up! This sounds like one awesome book full of fun mischief and misfortune ;)


Arrow of the Mist (Arrow of the Mist #1)
by Christina Mercer

First off, loving the cover. It accurately shows the questing and magic that the blurb promises. Keeping my fingers crossed for this one! 


Sworn to Raise (Courtlight #1)
by Terah Edu 

Court intrigue? Sold. 


The Bane (The Eden Trilogy #1)
by Keary Taylor

Previously known as Eden, it's being redistributed as The Bane...cooler name and freakin badass cover. I've heard great things about this book and am looking forward to loads of action and bad-assery. 


by Lesley Young

Sci-fi space academy adventure with "warring species"? 
I'm game. 

So, I believe that's all I got this week. What book goodies did y'all get this past week? 
Be sure to let me know in the comments below!

All the best
Mackenzie 


7 comments:

  1. I wasn't a great fan of Sworn to Raise but trust me, Crown of Midnight is just as awesome as Throne of Glass!

    Enjoy your books!

    Check out my haul Here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of good books. I still haven't read Throne of Glass. Happy reading!

    SP & STS
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen Arrow of the Mist around recently, but I know nothing about it. the cover looks gorgeous! Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No shame about squealing for Crown of Midnight. I totally did too. I'm so ready for more Chaol! :)

    Here's my STS! :)

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I for sure squealed Out Loud when I got Crown of Midnight!

    I liked My Sparkling Misfortune. It was cute. Looking forward to your thoughts on Arrow. I'm on the fence about requesting it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice haul! I just got Arrow in the Mist this week too! I have My sparkling misfortune and sworn to raise but I have not yet had the chance to read them. Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really curious to see what you think about My Sparkling Misfortune. I read it a while back and thought it was pretty sweet. It has some really good morals woven in the plot lines. I like how the villain and the hero's roles were reversed.

    ReplyDelete

So what did y'all think? I'd love to know your opinions :)
(P.S. I try to answer all comments so check back often! Also, this is an award-free blog. I absolutely love that you thought of me, but I don't have time to pass it along. Thank you though!)