Saturday, December 29, 2012

Best covers of 2012

Well, it's the end of the year, so guess what that means? It's time for some "Best Of" lists. Some of these books I've been able to get my greedy little hands on, but some I've only been able to admire from afar (*sigh*). Well, without further ado, I give you...


The Best Covers Of 2012



Love, love LOVE! She's the perfect mix of girly and bad-assery. Cause, ya know, every dress needs a cross-bow to add a little extra flair. And the book? AMAZING! Definitely one of my favorites for 2012 (but that's a list for another day!). 



Alright, this one is just all around cool. The swirly, smokey tendrils, the "yeah, I'm a model with an iron-mask. So what?" stance and beautiful dress instantly drew me in. This book was...interesting, to say the least. Not at all what I was expecting, yet eerily fascinating. I hope to put up a review soon!



I absolutely love the old-school pencil drawing. The cover really captures the atmosphere of the book and portrays the story well. The intricacy of the drawing portrays the intricacy and detail of the book incredibly well. It's just so beautiful to see this type of cover after so many with models doing something that has little to nothing to do with the content of the book (how dare they lure us in with pretty covers that fail to deliver the true essence of the pages!). 



This cover is hauntingly beautiful. I love the colors used and the victorian feel that it gives off. Sadly, the book wasn't a big hit with me. Initially I was smitten, but after really thinking about it, it left a lot to be desired. Heck, even going back and reading my review, I think I could've changed some of it (Eh..the guys weren't so great). But at least it's a pretty cover, right? 

Look! She's crying tears of blood! Am I the only one that thinks that is cool? Oh well, it's totally awesome. And she's got that whole "Bring it on/I can kick your butt any day of the week" look going on. I don't know about y'all, but I definitely wouldn't be making this chick mad. And guess what? I get a pretty cover and an awesome book! That's right. I loved this book. She's a freakin katana wielding vampire. 'Nuff said. 



The cover alone will make me read this book. Don't get me wrong, the summary really sealed the deal, but this cover is just so full of kick-butt awesomeness that even if the summary sucked I'd buy this thing to look at the cover. It's just that awesome. I actually have this book and can't believe I haven't read it yet! Believe me, I plan to remedy that soon.  



What a bad-ass! Look at that weapon! This chick just oozes awesomeness. I can totally tell that the MC is gonna be just as fierce! I'm actually currently reading this and loving it! I wasn't in love with her first book Nightshade, but this book is historical fiction, doesn't deal with werewolves, and has a feisty heroine. I haven't finished it yet, but so far, so good! 


Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

Alright, this cover is about as legit as it gets. This guy/girl is fierce and looks like he's about to kick some serious booty. Me wants. Now

Alright, this list is in no way finished. There are so many covers out there that are gorgeous and cool and fantastic, I just don't have the time to put all of them on here. These are just a small few of the massive list I could concoct. But, I'd love to know what covers y'all fell in love with this past year! 
Be sure to let me know in the comments below!
(P.S. I've also realized that I love covers that scream "fierce bad-ass"!)

All the best
Mackenzie 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

So what did y'all think? I'd love to know your opinions :)
(P.S. I try to answer all comments so check back often! Also, this is an award-free blog. I absolutely love that you thought of me, but I don't have time to pass it along. Thank you though!)