Friday, June 15, 2012

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

New Moon (Twilight #2)
by Stephenie Meyer
Pages: 563
Source: Borrowed
Format: Paperback


Rating: Okay


Goodreads Synopsis:


I FELT LIKE I WAS TRAPPED IN ONE OF THOSE TERRIFYING NIGHTMARES...

For Bella Swan, there is one thing more important than life itself: Edward Cullen. But being in love with a vampire is even more dangerous than Bella could ever have imagined. Edward has already rescued Bella from the clutches of one evil vampire, but now, as their daring relationship threatens all that is near and dear to them, they realize their troubles may be just beginning..



My review:




So, as I continue to be inspired by Project Hindsight, the next book in line is none other than New Moon. Yay?


You wanna know this books one saving grace? No Edward. *happy dance* Well, he's actually in there too much for my taste but at least he's gone a good majority of the time! Woot!


Okay, so Bella's birthday is coming up and Alice (being one of the few awesome people in this book) decides to throw a party. Sounds fun, right? Nope, because absolutely nothing works out for Bella. Ever. Seriously, a papercut?!? Honestly girl! Why don't you just cover your body in a full body suit so as not to acidentally cut yourself and set off the vamps vying for your blood? This girl is so incredibly accident prone is almost funny. Seriously. Okay, so Jasper goes all crazy right? And what does Edward do? "I love you but I have to leave you". *cue violin*. Boo-freakin-hoo. Look, you think she would have learned her lesson after the crazy rogue vamp tried to kill her in the previous book. Not Bella. She never learns from near death experiences. It's probably why she has so many. Alright, I'm a firm believer in second chances. So she tries again. I guess I'll say something nice about her and give her an A for perseverance. However, after the second near death experience, I think its time to give up hun. Not so sure hanging with the vamps is really working out for you. So Edward decides to take control and tell her he doesn't love her yada yada yada. 
Boo hoo. 


Enter Jacob! You glorious, GLORIOUS man you ;). Well, at least in the movie. Seriously, you can't deny that this isn't gorgeous:


It's ok. I won't judge you for swooning ;)

Now that my friends, is swoonworthy. Not pale, sparkly and spray on abs. No, I want tall, dark and handsome. Jacob could annoy the crap out of me but I could care less because I kept picturing this in my head *fans self*.


Okay, back to the story. So, Bella goes into depression. Look, I understand being sad and all about your BF breaking up with you, that's normal. However, she stays in her room for 3 months without doing anything and talking to no one. That's not normal. And it took her dad 3 months to finally do something about it? Gah, I could've smacked him for that. Finally, finally, she decides to go hang out with Jacob. Yeah, I'm gonna tell y'all that he pretty much made this entire book for me (even though he had some really cheesy lines). Even though I didn't love him, he helped her and I was totally rooting for him. And he's hot. Always a plus. 


When she finally started to get out of her shell, I started rooting for her. I finally thought she might be a more interesting character. And the motorcycles were totally awesome! And then she had to go do something stupid. Why am I not surprised? 


She realizes that near death experiences give her hallucinations of Edward. Again, completely normal. So, for half the book its all about her creating near-death experiences so she can actually get a glimpse of Edward. Obsessed much? 


Then came along the promise for action and I became giddy like a schoolgirl. 


Finally, finally we were going to get some action. For a stupid reason? Yeah. But I was totally okay with that. So we get the car chase and learn all about the Volturi and how formidable they are. And then what happens? 


They let them go.

*facepalm*


Mrs. Meyer, if you're going to promise action, please give me action. 
*le sigh* At the time, I was okay with that. Looking back, I can't believe that I ever was. Ugh....whatever.


The action (or should I say lack thereof) continues in my upcoming review of Eclipse. Don't miss out! 


All the best ♥
Mackenzie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

So what did y'all think? I'd love to know your opinions :)
(P.S. I try to answer all comments so check back often! Also, this is an award-free blog. I absolutely love that you thought of me, but I don't have time to pass it along. Thank you though!)