Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (3): Grave Mercy



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine in which we showcase upcoming releases we are anticipating.



Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin #1)
By Robin LaFevers
Date Available: April 3, 2012



Goodreads Synopsis:
Why be the sheep, when you can be the wolf?

Seventeen-year-old Ismae escapes from the brutality of an arranged marriage into the sanctuary of the convent of St. Mortain, where the sisters still serve the gods of old. Here she learns that the god of Death Himself has blessed her with 
dangerous gifts—and a violent destiny. If she chooses to stay at the convent, she will be trained as an assassin and serve as a handmaiden to Death. To claim her new life, she must destroy the lives of others.

Ismae's most important assignment takes her straight into the high court of Brittany—where she finds herself woefully under prepared—not only for the deadly games of intrigue and treason, but for the impossible choices she must make. For how can she deliver Death’s vengeance upon a target who, against her will, has stolen her heart?



Reason I'm coveting it:
Two words: Female assassin....How freakin cool is that?!?!?!?! 
Another two words: Forbidden romance....*SWOON*! 
Between court intrigue, assassins, romance, and crossbows how can I not want to read this?! Besides I've heard good things about it from those who got ARCs and they loved it! Not to mention the cover is pretty BA! Just check out Small's Cover Review which definitely made me love it even more!  


So what are y'all currently drooling on this fine Wednesday? Happy beginning of February everyone!



6 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing! I haven't heard much about it, usually there's a buzz about some upcoming books, especially when they are being released in a couple months!

    Old follower :)

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm actually surprised there isn't much buzz. I only know two people that have gotten ARCs of it but both of them absolutely loved it and got me really excited for it! Now I'm just waiting in anticipation of April 3....Oh, how I hate waiting!

      Delete
  2. You had me at "female assassin" LOL! That is just SO COOL! :) I'm all for girl power whenever the situation warrants it, and I keep daydreaming about how amazing this book much be! I bet we'll be hearing lots of buzz about it near the release date!

    Awesome pick for your WOW this week, Mackenzie! Have an awesome Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That's what definitely caught my eye! I love a girl who knows how to take care of herself :D
      Thanks! You too!

      Delete
  3. Yay for Grave Mercy! It is SO fantastic. I hope you love it when you get it.

    Thank you so much for linking my cover review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! me want NOW! After you loved it, it just made me want it even more! I actually found it through you :D

      Your welcome! I loved it and just wanted to spread its awesomeness :)

      Delete

So what did y'all think? I'd love to know your opinions :)
(P.S. I try to answer all comments so check back often! Also, this is an award-free blog. I absolutely love that you thought of me, but I don't have time to pass it along. Thank you though!)