Thursday, February 9, 2012

Kindle vs. Nook-Help!!

  Alright everyone, so my Kindle just messed up...again. My warranty is up and I'm at a complete loss as to what to do. So, I decided to ask y'all! They said they could replace my Kindle (I have the keyboard) for $65. However, I could get the new Kindle touch for $99. But, I just got a $50 dollar off coupon for Nook (I'm a B&N member) so now I don't know what to do. Yes, I've had problems with the Kindle, but the first time it was my fault. I let it flat-line. This time I'm not so sure, but I really like Amazon and their customer service. While I could get the Nook Touch for $50, which is a steal, my Kindle books won't transfer over. Not to mention Netgalley isn't compatible with it yet. What to do, what to do :/ I would be forever grateful if I could get y'all's opinions! I'll definitely take them into consideration. Which do you prefer? Kindle or Nook...let the battle begin! 



4 comments:

  1. I have a Kindle Touch, and I'm happy enough with it. It can be a bit frustrating at times, but I really like Amazon, so I think it's worth it. But, if you do get a bunch of B&N gift cards, then you probably want to get the Nook, since you'll be able to buy lots of books on your Nook. Honestly, there's not much of a difference between the two, so it's basically just which company you like better. =)

    Hope this at least sorta helped! Good luck deciding. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the help!! Hm....I really have to think long term. And because of this I think I'll just get the Kindle. Yeah, its $50 bucks more, but I already have books on it so that'll save me money. And they have better deals on books and have more indie author books. Ugh...its so hard because I like both! I guess I'll just stick to getting ebook from Amazon and paper books from B&N. Thanks for your help though!!

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty sure you can use a Nook with NetGalley titles. It would be a shame to lose all of your Kindle books though. Can you at least transfer them onto your computer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently you can you netgalley for Nook. I learned something new! lol but I'm going to stick with the Kindle, I'm just gonna go ahead and buy a new one. Although I could read all the books on my computer, I don't want to. The whole reason I like the Kindle was the fact that it has the e-ink instead of the glare from the computer. I think the Kindle is cheaper in the long run since I already have a ton of books on it. Thanks for you help! :)

      Delete

So what did y'all think? I'd love to know your opinions :)
(P.S. I try to answer all comments so check back often! Also, this is an award-free blog. I absolutely love that you thought of me, but I don't have time to pass it along. Thank you though!)