Friday, January 20, 2012

Legend (Legend #1) by Marie Lu




Legend (Legend #1)

By Marie Lu

Available Now
Pages: 305
Format: Hardcover
Source: Gift
★★★★★







Goodreads Synopsis:What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

Full of nonstop action, suspense, and romance, this novel is sure to move readers as much as it thrills.



My Review:



…I’m warning y’all now that I’m about to go all Gollum on y’all….myprreeeccccioouss….*cough cough*. Sorry, but it’s just that freaking good.




This book was absolutely stunning. I honestly don’t even know how to write this review! This book was full of heart-pumping, non-stop action! From the very first chapters, I fell in love with these absolutely amazing characters. And Day’s last chapter!? So heartbreaking!

If anyone has seen the show Bones, then y’all will know what I’m talking about when I say that Bones is who June reminds me of. She a child prodigy. She is intuitive, calculative, blunt, factual and observant just like Bones. However, she could also be compared to Sherlock Holmes. She notices everything. Details about everything are constantly going through her mind. Though, not only is she amazingly intelligent, she can also kick your butt. Literally. I absolutely love her. She might be one of my favorite female characters ever. As Day said, she is “coolly logical and fiercely defiant” and I absolutely love her for it.

And Day….If June won’t take him, I will! Bold, brash, and daring, yet so amazingly loyal and noble and honest. He’s been through so much pain but still puts his family first. Extremely intelligent, agile, and brave, I absolutely fell in love with him. I think June described him best when she said he was “a beautiful mystery”. So true. Seriously, he is a definitely a book boyfriend!

The plot was full of non-stop action that read like a movie-script. Honestly, this book would make an amazing movie. I was constantly on the edge of my seat and I did not want to put it down. This book was so heartbreakingly beautiful. Action, mystery, murder...what more could you want? This is such an emotional thrill-ride! Even though this had the generalized dystopia of a corrupt society, it was still unique in its content. I just can’t stop gushing about it!

I absolutely loved the writing. Both Day and June's POV's seamlessly blended together, allowing the reader to truly understand these characters and their emotions.

My review does not do this book justice. Not even in the slightest. That is how amazing this book is! It is a book full of heart-pumping action, but also has a heartbreakingly beautiful side to it. I almost didn’t want to finish it because I know I have to wait so long for the next book in the series! If I could give this book more stars, I definitely would. Please,please read this book. Marie Lu did an amazing job on her debut novel and the next book in the series can’t come fast enough.

Truth truly will become Legend.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely review! I also really loved both June and Day too. =) They were amazing characters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm glad you loved them! They definitely made me fall in love with this book! But I can't believe I have to wait a whole year for the next one :/

      Delete
  2. Ahh, this is another one that I really want to read! I have a Barnes & Noble gift card burning a hole in my wallet and I have so many books that I want to buy.... How to choose?

    Awesome review - I'm so glad you liked it, and I love your humor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is definitely a must read! It was just that amazing! I wish I had a B&N gift card with my name on it! I'd definitely go on a shopping spree then. But I definitely know how you feel. Wayyy to many books I want, not enough money!

      Thanks! Awww I'm glad I can get my humor across in my reviews!

      Delete

So what did y'all think? I'd love to know your opinions :)
(P.S. I try to answer all comments so check back often! Also, this is an award-free blog. I absolutely love that you thought of me, but I don't have time to pass it along. Thank you though!)