Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Exiled Queen (the Seven Realms #2) by Cinda Williams Chima

The Exiled Queen (The Seven Realms #2)
by Cinda Williams Chima
Available Now
Pages: 586
Format: Paperback
Source: B&N
★★★★★

Goodreads Synopsis: 
You can't always run from danger...

Haunted by the loss of his mother and sister, Han Alister journeys south to begin his schooling at Mystwerk House in Oden’s Ford. But leaving the Fells doesn’t mean danger isn’t far behind. Han is hunted every step of the way by the Bayars, a powerful wizarding family set on reclaiming the amulet Han stole from them. And Mystwerk House has dangers of its own. There, Han meets Crow, a mysterious wizard who agrees to tutor Han in the darker parts of sorcery—but the bargain they make is one Han may regret.

Meanwhile, Princess Raisa ana’Marianna runs from a forced marriage in the Fells, accompanied by her friend Amon and his triple of cadets. Now, the safest place for Raisa is Wein House, the military academy at Oden's Ford. If Raisa can pass as a regular student, Wein House will offer both sanctuary and the education Raisa needs to succeed as the next Gray Wolf queen.

The Exiled Queen is an epic tale of uncertain friendships, cut-throat politics, and the irresistible power of attraction.



My Review: 
First off, let me just say how much I LOVE this series!! It amazing! Amazing characters, political intrigue, romance, action, adventure…it has it all!!

This book starts off pretty much where The Demon King left off with both Han and Raisa on different routes to Oden’s Ford. Cue the adventure!! The adventure and action starts right away, instantly gripping the reader in this most epic of epic fantasies!

This book contains an intricate and intriguing plot that will keep you wanting more! This book is through the different POV’s of Raisa and Han and their journeys, though seemingly separate, come together gracefully. This book is full of betrayals and changing allegiances. You never know the truth, who to trust, or who is a friend or an enemy.

This is a book full of amazing characters! I actually grew to love Raisa more in this book. She had to learn to listen to others and do hard work instead of having everything done for her. She’s headstrong, independent, and determined. She learns so much about her country and her people and knows what needs to be done to help her country. This helped her grow into an amazing young woman who I know will one day be a great ruler! Amon…although I love him, he sometimes annoyed me. Of course, there is a reason for this, but still. However, I LOVE Han! Ohhhh so much! Smart, witty, adventuresome, a thief with a sense of honor…Oh I do love him!
I even fell in love with the secondary characters! Every single one of em, good or bad.

The World building is excellent! I honestly can’t wait to return to this book in the next series! If you want a book of epic proportions with just the right amount of everything, then definitely start this series.




2 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about this series! I especially like that you say you adore the characters. That's something that typically makes me fall in love with a book. I'm adding this to my to-read list!
    Lauren @ Hughes Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I'm glad I could convince you!! I'm definitely a character girl and these characters are amazing :) They're well rounded and develop and grow throughout the series. I hope you enjoy it once you read it!!

      Delete

So what did y'all think? I'd love to know your opinions :)
(P.S. I try to answer all comments so check back often! Also, this is an award-free blog. I absolutely love that you thought of me, but I don't have time to pass it along. Thank you though!)